Monday 9 December 2013

Crash n Burn

~ Outlandish ~

The events that transcribed over the last 2 days can not even be described as "falling off the wagon". It was spectacular the amount of food & drinks I had weekend. And I wasn't even sad or upset about something. There might have been a bit of boredom eating yesterday, but I was taking a humongous rest day anyway, so it fitted with the theme.


On Friday night we had our Crossfit end year function which was healthy for the most part. Until the champagne, strawberries/marshmallows & melted chocolate came out - then all 30 athletes collectively decided that it will now be declared a "cheat day".  

Saturday was the fabulous baby shower for Mrs T, classy & fun & so many nice eats. Hmm, perhaps I should look into event planning as a career... I loved being there because it was for a friend & I had so much fun arranging & helping out, but I really don't get showers. Why do women's uteruses go all rubbery when they see baby clothes? Another thing you need to know about me: I'm about 94% sure I don't want kids.
Sunday I vegged in front of the computer arranging series & re watching all my old favorites (Sherlock, anyone?). I don't think I even got out of my pajamas. Not even when we went to the Spur at 21:00 for milkshakes.
Aaand today was our work end year function. I think I drank enough to make Ms Nicola proud (it started very early). Even ended up having some on the rocks with the older gentleman at our office (as in my grandfather's age - there's absolutely no eye candy where I work) while they regaled me of their tales of knighthood & chivalry. Luckily there were no photocopy machines in the area and no one got lost with a colleague in a dark corner.

So tomorrow we start again. Hopefully that was the last of the functions till the craziness of Christmas day. Seriously, I don't get why people go out of their way to cook 5 course meals - surely that is not what the day is about?
At Crossfit we have started our re-testing for our in-box challenge. About a month or so ago we completed 7 events and now we have to redo them to see if we have improved. I am happy to say that I've increased my front squat by 10kg - I'm now on 87kg's (tried 90 - just couldn't get it up). And in the front squat (on a lower weight) / barbell facing burpee challenge I bettered my score by 8 reps. I'm really happy to see growth in such a short time.
The beautiful Christmas Abbot doing front squats.
Yeah, I didn't even bother with photos today. It was bad. Bad. I'm just happy that I managed to go to class (only slightly buzzed) even after the horrendous day of food & drinking - hopefully the exercise will make me feel marginally better when tomorrow comes... I always seem to forget how I feel the morning after.

Night all!

1 comment: