Tuesday 3 December 2013

Say Goodbye

~ Norah Jones ~


Just a quick one today - still so much to do for tonight's end year party with the PeeWee's.  And besides, after last night's cleans @ Crossfit everything hurts. Everything. Hurts. And if you are keeping track - I'm now up to 4 callouses & 3 blisters :)

BF & I have been teaching the PeeWee's for close to 3 years now and it has come with it's own rewards & frustrations. Martial arts have long been know to help teach self-discipline and socialization skills. In fact, many parents whose children have attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) report great success with these programs because self-control and concentration are exactly the skills underdeveloped in ADHD kids.

And if you have a group of 10 kids (including ADHD kids & just plain naughty buggers) you can almost multiply that number by 5.  There have been days that I have been thiiis close to murdering a child with my bare hands...and there are days when that same kid will bring me a flower & a drawing. I can see how teachers find this very fulfilling, but an hour, twice a week was our limit!  

I've come to know this face. I've come to fear it....
So we made a decision to finish up & hand over our classes to a new instructor - to you I say "Good luck!" and "16:00 is not to early to start drinking".  We're opening ourselfs up the possibilities of a bigger world next year, and so we bid a mostly fond farewell to Taekwon Do.




I will be having a cupcake tonight. Perhaps 2. I don't often bake (OK, ok...I did not bake them, but I at least did the frosting), so I'll be damned if I don't have one.


Remember to follow K&C on Google+ | Facebook | Pinterest | Bloglovin. Night all!

2 comments:

  1. I am helping my wife bake 60 cupcakes this weekend for a kiddie party. Kryptonite. Seriously. And I am doing the icing. Arrrrrrrghhh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMW..60!? My arm got tired just with doing the 24. Good luck! I'm not to fond of the cake part of the cupcake...I just lick the icing of 3 cupcakes & then give the cake to Boyfriend :)

      Delete