Monday 18 November 2013

Everything Counts

~ Depeche Mode ~



Tonight's post is gonna be a short one, because I still have to go do homework on macro's & calorie cycling. And like any change in your lifestyle it takes a bit of getting use too...

I've been following IF for the last 4 months & apart from really suiting my lifestyle (I'm lazy as f*ck in the morning & not at all hungry) it's really helped with my strength performance in the gym.  And it was not IF alone - I've also been on a high protein, high fat, low carbs (only veggies) eating plan.  

Recently (i.e. Friday) I had a bit of a feedback session with David/Evo Fitness & it was suggested that I re-introduce carbs into my diet, before & after workouts & at night, as well as cycle calories between rest days & work days.

Now, looking at the amount of calories that I have to consume on a work day is quite frankly terrifying. But David said it is "over the allotted calories for extra lean mass growth, recovery and keeping the metabolism firing". So I will give it a try.



Calorie cycling is but it’s pretty much what it sounds like - adjusting your caloric intake per day while maintaining a desired weekly caloric intake average. I.e. it's the daily adjustment of total calories (one day higher the other lower).  It is supposedly good for losing weight, but it is especially good for busting through weight-loss plateaus.  

Friday night we got our anniversary tattoo - love it, love it, love it :)

Steampunk Minions :)
I started introducing carbs in the form of dextrose in my PWO shake, as well as some wild rice. The world didn't come to an end.

Crossfit was super amazing tonight.  Full squat cleans with split jerks for sets, then a round for as many as you can unbroken - this girl did 30 on 27kg's...quite chuffed. Then we did a Tabata that came straight from hell. 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest. 8 Rounds Double Unders, 8 Rounds Burpees, 8 Rounds Sumo Squat High Pulls, 8 Rounds Double Unders.  It was a sweaty, heaving, gasping for breath mess of fun.
 

For the ladies who follow a couple of blogs - do yourself a favor and create a Bloglovin profile.  You can add the blogs you want to follow and you'll get all of their new posts in a feed or via email! And yes, you can add any blog, since there are quite a number of SleekGirls blogging about at the moment. You create a profile, and then just copy the link of the blog that you read into "Search Blogs", and follow. Easy peasy.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic tattoos! Please write more detail about calorie cycling and what it's supposed to do

    ReplyDelete