Tuesday 5 November 2013

You're my best friend

~ Don Williams ~

I'm not a mushy girly girl. I like pink only because it looks awesome on my feet and I've always been the tomboy playing rugby (primary school) and PlayStation (highschool) with the boys. But I must say there is something quite awesome about meeting someone that shares your interests (sport, gaming & food), goals (get ripped) & chocolate cravings (...hmmm, chocolate...). 


Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that you need someone in your life in order for you to get anywhere. It's just nice to share the same concerns or issues with like-minded people. That is why online communities such as Sleek Geek, Sleek Girls & Eat Train Evolve are little mecca's.  It's people with the same problems as yourself, and 99% of the time someone has the solution that worked for them that you might be able to adapt. 


Do you have a SO (Significant Other) or Friend/Buddy/Pal who is your alter-you? Or how do you cope if your SO or F/B/P does not share the same goals as you? I was so frustrated in a previous relationship where there was a very one-sided love for health & fitness - there was no "let's go to gym" when I complained about a fat day, or the "how frothy do you want your protein shake" after a workout, or the "come-on, move your ass" while going ("being dragged") for a run.

So Boyfriend, thanks for dragging me on runs for the last 3 years. And the pretty flowers.


Had a nice clean day of eating & practiced handstands again - working my way up to almost 3 seconds unassisted...yah, still a way to go.

Night all! 

PS:  Hope everyone's furbabies are OK with all these idiotic bangs going off?

1 comment:

  1. My wife is not interested in joining me at gym. She tried, bless her cotton socks, but it didn't stick. For me, my love for her is not tempered by a lack of shared interests. I had no interest in gym when we got married five years ago. She supports my decision to get healthy. I won't disrespect her karma by forcing her to join me. I love who she is, she loves who I am. That's all that matters. Interests change.

    ReplyDelete