Monday 25 November 2013

Sick As a Dog

~ Aerosmith ~


Dammit. Normally I get flu around August/September, so this year when those months wooshed by (seriously - 29 days to Christmas!) I thought: "Yes! and this went with the deserved air punch.  Then the bastard found me Friday morning. I woke up with a sore throat & dozed it with all sorts of fizzies, I even did the responsible thing & skipped the 05:30 Crossfit session. And it work...for a bit.


Instead of doing the sensible thing Saturday morning & giving my body some more rest, I decided to go join the open WOD (more on this just now), and my body just decided "f*ck you" and gave me every sensation that it could think of in no particular order: hot, cold, crawling scalp, sweats, coughs, drips, sneezes, sore body, itchy feet, etc.  The worst is the sleeping sitting upright, cause as soon as I lie down I basically drown myself in snot.

I hate being sick.  The first day is OK (especially if it falls on a work day), the 2nd day is a bit boring, by day 3 I'm completely over it & just get more & more pissed of the longer I have to stay away from gym.  I hear what they say about moderate exercise & being sick, but I know myself & I know I will be a heaving, gasping heap at the end of the hour. Moderation, pfft....


And healthy eating while sick is horrendous. I've eaten rusks & strepsils today...yeah - quite a combo. I'm going to have to force myself to eat supper just now..

On a happy note: Saturday's WOD.  The workout consisted of Wall Balls & Burpee Pull-ups. So every minute, on the minute (for 10 minutes) you do 5 wall balls & then for the remaining seconds in the minute you do a burpee, a pull-up, a burpee, a pull-up, etc.  I did every one of those bitching pull-ups!  It was an amazing feeling - realizing that 2 months ago couldn't do what it just did.  Now the next thing to conquer is consecutive pull-up's.

Remember to follow K&C on Google+ | Facebook | Pinterest | Bloglovin. Night all!

1 comment:

  1. It's true what they say about chicken soup, you know. Totally.

    ReplyDelete