Wednesday 13 November 2013

Relax

~ Frankie Goes to Hollywood ~


Somedays I forget that this is supposed to be a lifestyle, not a diet. So, technically there should be no finish line as the "healthy" should continue long after my goals have been achieved. And I must also realize that my approach to this "diet" is sometime my downfall.

Every diet or weight loss program is based on some form of behavior modification. If you eat healthy, portion controlled meals you will lose weight.  How much weight (AND how fast) you lose depends on how long you’re willing to stick to the plan. And then when you do reach your goal you have to worry about keeping the weight off.  


 So shoudnt we rather be more focused on motivation then behavior modification?  Instead of keeping tempting foods out of the house because I can't control my cravings, shouldnt I say "I can have whatever I want"?  Food should then no longer be a temptation & if I decide to eat something "unhealthy", I moderate the amount I eat.


Instead of focusing on losing weight, I should rather focus on being slim, strong & healthy. Instead of completely giving in when I have a "bad day", I must just compensate at the next meal. Instead of depriving myself of the food I love, rather allow myself whatever I want, and I should find myself making better choices.

You don't want to reach your target weight then go back to your old eating habits and gain all the weight (or more) back. I can’t wait until the diet is over so that I can eat what I’ve been missing, as this lifestyle should stick around till I'm not around.

So I'm going to try to change my motivation & attitude.  Also, apparently chronic stress causes release of cortisol which causes belly fat, the most dangerous type of fat...so it's in your best interest to chill. 

Had an arm wobbly Crossfit class! My arms are still a little bit shaky - pike push-up's are really not the easiest thing in the world.  I'm getting more & more confident in my clean's so I think I will start adding more weight from next time. And we ran shuttles...


Night all!

1 comment:

  1. For me, the behaviour modification had to come first. Instead of eating my emotions, I had to start dealing with them. This was the most difficult part, and it is still a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete