Monday 11 November 2013

Wagon Wheel

~ Darius Rucker ~


I love weekends - it gives me time to recharge, do things I don't have time for during the week or do nothing if I feel so inclined.  I have also previously mentioned that pants & bra's are optional over weekends. I love weekends but my eating plan vehemently disagrees. 

Come Friday night all my good eating goes out the window and I slip-up.  It's not that I go out on all-night booze & take-away benders. I might skip breakfast because I wake up a bit later. Or I will have that extra snack when it's not really snack time (i.e. not hungry).  

This weekend we made nachos at home, which is not the unhealthiest thing (only the chips & the cheese), but it's not something that I would normally eat during the week. I had a cup of Milo on Saturday evening while playing PC games and I had popcorn for lunch on Sunday whilst watching a movie.


Would the weight/cm's come off faster if I didn't have these weekend "treats/cheats"?  Most likely. But I also think that even 2 weeks of straight dieting will end up with me binging on something that's a whole lot worse then nachos, nut butter & Milo.


How do I keep my weekends more goal-friendly? Is it OK if I eat an extra handful of nuts or a tablespoon of macadamia nut butter (or two - seriously who can have only 1). Is it a mental thing that I have to figure out? Do I have to go balls to the wall until I've reached my goal or do I take it slow & steady & live life? Cause you cannot "diet" for the rest of your life.


On Saturday morning I did my first Crossfit "Chipper". It was amazing & hateful all rolled into one. 300 (or a 100 double unders that I still can't do without giving myself whip marks) skips, 80 push-ups, 60 thrusters, 40 medicine ball squat cleans, 20 burpees, 10 Turkish get-ups. I missed the 20 minute cut-off time with 100 skips to go. And everything is hurting a bit today (yesterday it hurt a f*ckload) - calves, inner thighs, outer thighs, quads, butt, lats, ribs, triceps, shoulders, boobs... It's amazing how such simple exercises can work so many muscles.
Barbell burn - I guess that is why they wear the socks...
I hate to think of it as "getting back on the wagon" or "starting on Monday", but that's what I do every Monday.  You almost have to have one of those heartfelt sport movie "get your mind back in the game" moments with yourself.  
 


Have a good week people. Remember to follow K&C on Google+ | Facebook | Pinterest | Bloglovin - you'll get a reminder when there is a new post out.

1 comment:

  1. I ate marshmallows and jelly babies this weekend. I know why I did it, though. Being a compulsive eater, I've come to understand that when I go for sugary things, it's to cover my angry, bitter and hurt emotions. So instead of talking about shit, I eat shit.

    I am one of those people who believe that diets don't work. What does work is eating mindfully, eating when hungry and eating foods that are alive and nutritious. And get your body moving. That is all. Eat mindfully. Every day.

    ReplyDelete