Thursday 21 November 2013

Motivation Proclamtion

~ Good Charlotte ~


I'm 3 days into my new eating plan & I've realized again that I'm not that big a fan of change.  I have to keep track of everything I eat, I have keep track of whether it's an active or work day and most days I can't even keep track of what day of the week it is.  I feel rushed & out of sorts & a bit sorry for myself. But I also know it's what I normally do just before I bail. When stuff gets to hard let's go back to the old & known ways.  

So I went a bit mad with the pinning of motivational images today to keep me on track.  I don't know if looking at posters of motivational sayings actually work, but every now and again you stumble onto a really funny one, and I do this "snort water through my nose thing" (because I'm trying to force down that glass of water)...and that makes me feel a bit better about life.


At the moment I'm still eating very basic (read: boring). With chicken you know what you get, but with chicken stew there are so many more variables you have to keep track off. I think as soon as I'm comfortable with the basics I'll experiment a bit more. I've also reach the end-year slump - I'm tired & moody and could happily spend the whole day in bed, with ice cream, sour worms, liquorice, nachos & series.

One thing that I realized by taking photies of everything that goes into my face is that I'm drinking way to little water during the day.  I have decided to make that my one thing that I focus on for the next couple of days. If I don't have the water in front of me, in a bottle, cooled with a glass you can forget about it. And don't even let it taste funny... How do you get your 8 glasses in? 


I have to just remember I'm doing this for myself: I want to be fit & strong. And I won't get it without a bit of work. So if it keeps my on the straight & narrow I'll recite these suckers of by heart!


Today was a nice & chilled rest day. Up early tomorrow morning for a 5:30 am WOD - looking forward to it!  Going to focus on getting my water in this weekend & to not go off on the normal weekend binge ringers.


Have a good one peeps!

PS:  A big-ass creepy see-through/white gecko just ran across the floor & is now sitting there staring at me...I might be spending the night on the couch...

No comments:

Post a Comment