Wednesday 6 November 2013

Mirror Mirror

~ Def Leppard ~

I despise going in to a dressing room, but I cannot buy a piece of clothing without touching it & seeing on me from every angle. The stuff on the hanger never looks the same on your body. Normally I'll go in, eyes averted, put down the clothes, handbag, tag, other bags & then get right down too.

That's when I look in the mirror & think, seriously - when I left home my hair looked find & my makeup looked fresh but that bubble gets popped pretty quickly in this florescent lighting. And it looks like you are wearing underwear that should be donated to the Salvation Army. Why does buying clothes = self-esteem beaten like a pinata?

Even worse then dressing rooms are dresses with no zips. You start sliding it up your thighs before you realize uh-uh...this isn't going further. Now you do the "put it over your head" with your arms sticking up and for a couple of seconds there you actually think that you'll get stuck in this position.  Your either going to scream for an assistant or hulk-lady it & hope those seams pop....but then it's finally over the shoulders and it's not the right color and then the reverse has to happen....back over the head.

This lady took it a step further and documented her weight loss with changing room photos, she tells more about it here.  At least for me today was a good day, the lighting was dark, the sizes were good & I wasn't having a fat day so a few more gym tops found their way home.


Food was good for the day. I seriously need to reduce my coffee intake...but it soooo good.


Had an real fun Crossfit class tonight. We had to do as many rounds as possible of the following in 15 minutes of: 30 double unders, 10 toes to bar, 10 shoulders to overhead & 200 m runs. I managed to finish 4 rounds & now happy to work on it to better my score in 5 weeks time! Also practiced my handstands again and managed 6 seconds, whooo, we are getting somewhere!


Remember to follow K&C on Google+ | Facebook | Pinterest

Night all

1 comment:

  1. I sw that woman's series of photos. Awesome! I also hate dressing rooms. At the moment, I still only fit into Donna Claire stuff, so I console myself that the mirrors are fat too.

    ReplyDelete