Monday 21 October 2013

Rainy Monday

~ Shiny Toy Guns ~


Have you ever had one of those mornings where the temperature in your bed is just the right amount of cozy, the blankets are just the right amount of heavy and you have found the perfect swastika sleeping position? And then to further encourage you to phone in sick it start raining ever so lightly on the tin roof. 

Unfortunately (truly how I felt at that stage) I made a commitment to start fresh today, and that means not leaving the house with my handbag, shoes & keys in one hand, gym bag in the other & hairbrush in my mouth. AND then leaving half my food in the fridge. Cause on this bed-weather day I will surely end up with something warm & starchy from Spar if I'm not prepared.

One of the main things that keeps me eating healthy during the week is the weekend food prep. We try to prep every Sunday and we’ve found that spending an hour or two on the weekend preparing food makes it much easier to throw together quick, healthy meals during the week when you are busy or tired (or just lazy) after a long day of work.  We are not anywhere close to some expert "preppers", we just throw a load of chicken in one dish and a load of veggies in another dish... At some point we should probably start experimenting with some variety.

Food prep on a Sunday.

Tonight's Crossfit WOD was killer. It consisted of Isabel, "Power" Isabel and then a complex consisting of a power clean, snatch push press (hahaha...try saying that 10 times fast) and an overhead squat. All for what felt like a thousand times. My shoulders were on fire, my left butt cheek twitched every time I went down into a squat and I have now realized why they wear those socks...since I have almost no skin left on my shin. At this point Youtube and the search phrase "how to" are being used on a daily basis.

Dave Levey took us through a beginner foundation course that covered all the basics. Dave recently placed 1st in the Africa regional, and 32nd in the Crossfit Games, so I think we'll be in good hands. I also broke a new record on how long I can keep nail polish on for (2 hours 35 minutes)...
 
I give up...

Kept the food good today.  Supper was a lovely coriander & cashew chicken stir-fry. 

Too little water today.
Supplement stuff.

For desert I tried to make some banana ice cream (frozen banana pieces + blitzing = ice cream!). I burned out the food processor and couldn't find the blades for the smoothie-maker, so at the end of the day we ate semi-smooth, semi-chunky frozen banana mush & pieces.
Hey, it's something...


Sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment