Tuesday 29 October 2013

The greatest reward

~ Celine Dion ~
 
I'm writing tonight's post with the worst DOMS in my biceps. We did SDHL (sumo dead-lift high pull) with a puny 13kg's. 50 times. Times 5. And today my reward is stiff butt, stiff shoulders, stiff arms - which I'm loving.

Living healthy is a reward in itself, but don't you just sometimes really want something pretty (or shiny) to show off?  Something tangible?  I have worked hard, don't I deserve something nice?

I would love to come back as a dog in my friend's home...

Most of the time people will reward themselves with food. Just remember that you are basically undoing all the effort spent on gym that day & just think of all the time that went into your food preparation. Just to be clear, I'm not saying don't 'treat' yourself (a block of dark chocolate perhaps), just don't say, "I lost 2kg, I'm eating this tub of ice cream".


My go-to reward has turned into exercise clothes. I used to be the girl in the tracksuit pant & over sized t-shirt. I've probably got about 9 workout tops now - I know this is not a massive number - but I've come a long way in the last year, 9 is a lot for me. Another reward was some neon pink socks, or a new bottle of slightly more expensive protein powder.



Decided to run to TKD class tonight (probably about 3kms one way) and back afterwards. Not sure if that loosened up the muscles or just made everything worse....

I finally managed to add a Pin It button on all images for all you Pinterest users - let me know if you are a regular - I love to get inspiration from other peoples boards!

Remember to follow K&C on Google+ | Facebook | Pinterest, then you will get notified of any new posts!

Night all!

3 comments:

  1. Personally, I reckon a spa day is a fabulous reward. Because I am self employed, my rewards have usually been taking a day off work and watching Desperate Housewives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my favorite things as well! Sit on the couch / in bed & watch series! I just have to make sure that there is nothing junk food-wise in the house....

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete