Saturday 19 October 2013

Ready for the weekend

~ Calvin Harris ~

Pretty much me, minus the pants...

I've got a love/hate relationship with weekends. Weekends are a little "aaaaaah" if you had a week of suck. But with weekends my exercise & healthy eating go out the window. 

Example: two weeks ago we decided to take to the bed (i.e stay in bed & catch up on tons of series). Our breakfast was oh so healthy - scrambled eggs & bacon. Lunch, supper and snacks consisted of a large Tupperware container filled with sour worms, gummy bears, skittles, rascals, jelly tots, sour jelly tots, chocolate jelly tots, sour gummy bears, liquorice-all-sorts,  smarties...and red bull. Cause when you come off that sugar high you need something to keep you awake. Not good.

I think the big problem is routine - your time might be non-existent over weekdays, but at least you are following a routine. Wake up, go to work, go to gym, go home, eat, sleep. Repeat. Weekends are a free for all. If I don't want to comb my hair I'm not going to. The same goes for pants.  But now I've got this shiny new blog to showcase, so I have to at least keep up appearances for the first couple of months. It's like a new relationship - you wait until they fart first before you do...

Today was dead-lifts day. I love the burn in my bum while doing it. At the same time I hate the awkwardness of sticking my butt in the air. Cause some days I have an awesome butt, and other days I see every crease & dimple & wobble in that mirrored wall. Add in a 150 weighted lunges for fun.


Food was 95% clean today (refer to supper below for the 5%). Again routine comes into play. And being prepared. If I had to go out to buy food for lunch every day it would be a colossal cluster of f*cks. I have learned that I do not go out to buy groceries if I haven't' eaten yet. Because that is when you come back with the 3 for 2 donuts special (coconut is a fruit), yogisip (dairy is healthy) & a pie (for the protein).

Hmm...Nachos...

Supper was some amazing cheesy chicken nachos from Chingadas. I know, I know, not the healthiest thing out there, but Friday night is our semi-cheat night. Normally we look for a take-away that's at least real food (so not McDonald's) and not 90% starch (pizza). Last week it was sushi & sashimi. Also made some yummy pre-bed mug cake (recipe courtesy of Musclemunchies).



We try to a least get one gym session in over the weekend. Most of the time it alleviates my weekend-sloth guilt. Tomorrow morning we are joining Algoa Crossfit for a weekend WOD - have no idea what we'll be doing yet. Hoping it's not leg based...

Have a good sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment