Wednesday 16 October 2013

Start me up

~ Rolling Stones ~

Clicking the "Publish" button on my first blog post this morning was a big deal for me.  It meant a new start, with new challenges and possible failures. I've always been afraid of putting myself out there, being comfortable only with Boyfriend, my close group of friends & a routine I know, so putting a blog out there for (potentially) the whole wide world to see is as big as "not comfortable" comes. And we all know that once the Internet has it, it's there forever. Ask Beyonce, she knows.

I mentioned earlier that we were going to try out Crossfit [Algoa Crossfit with David Levey, a CF Games competitor] tonight.  Boyfriend & I have never done it before, but being comfortable with weight training & HIIT workouts & years of Taekwon Do drilling we both can do a mean weighted squat & the hated staple burpee. How bad could it be...

I decided to check their website so that I would know what we were in for. My first mistake. The WOD (Workout Of the Day) started off with pull ups. It went south farking quick from there. 100 Sit ups, 75 power cleans & 300 double unders (or 900 singles). I'll wait a second while you go and Google that...cause I had to. With a time cap of 15 minutes (snorts, yeah right).

All in all it went well (read - I didn't puke) and will be going back for more!  It was loads of fun, and being a very competitive person I loved the vibe the class has. Will let you know more soon.

Eating wise I managed to keep it mostly clean today.  I follow a high protein/fat, moderate carb eating plan [set up for me by David Cross from Evo Fitness] - and I'm loving it.  I'm also doing this the IF (Intermittent Fasting) way, so I eat my last meal around 8/9ish at night and then only again lunch the next day. When I wake up I have a cup of coffee with cream & coconut oil & then water (or tea/coffee) until 12ish.

Just realized that I seem to be drinking a lot of coffee...

There are so many different ways you can go about it, but I think you have to find what works for you. I've tried Weighless, Weight Watchers, Atkins, Cohens, and then one day I realized that this is BS! Eat healthy food, in moderation and you cannot go wrong! If your food is healthy the only thing you have to focus on is how much you will allow yourself to eat. Let's face it, we all have days where you pig-out because you are bored, but at least eating a whole bag of raw nuts is better then a chocolate, right? Right!?

Supplements for the day (BCAA, Omega, Pro-Sprint & Whey Protein)

So this is what I've been trying to do the last 2 odd months. I've seen small changes to my body, and I've become stronger in gym. But I'm nowhere near the "toned" I want to be. Not yet anyway.  And that is why we are here isn't it?

Now the only thing that I need to do is somehow gain 2 extra hours a day, cause the sleeping 8 hours is not happening yet. I'm off, going to attempt to kick Boyfriend of the PC so that I can get some Battlefield play time.

Oh gods...it's going to hurt getting out of bed tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

  1. Loving your blog so far. So honest and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I'm following your blog as well - I don't have a creative or fashionista bone in my body so I'll be getting my inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete