Thursday 17 October 2013

Tender

~ Blur ~


I have muscles at the bottom off my neck? Really? I've done A2G (ass to grass) squats with 90kg hassle free, but now my ass is sore from doing power cleans with only a 17kg bar (they don't trust the newbies with the weights yet) & you don't even go down to 90 degrees. Seriously? And something we did worked my core. It hurts when I...anything. But a good hurt. A hurt that says you worked your muscles, now go do it again. But just don't wear a shirt that you have to pull over your head.

I've always started a new sport with the promise that I'm not going to compete, I will just participate for the fitness. I still remember the first Taekwon Do class I did almost 7 years ago - "I don't want to do sparring (fighting), maaaaybe just the patterns, I'm just here for the exercise."  But I was hooked the first time I stepped into a sparring ring, and 7 years later I was representing SA in North Korea, for the World Championships. Mountain biking? Same thing - started out as a hobby. 3 Weeks later I'm doing a 80km race.

That's why I didn't even kid myself with Crossfit. It's competitive, no matter how much they tell you it's about the people you will meet and that you have to push only yourself. You want to do better then the guy/girl next to you, even if it is your first night. It is a hell of a motivator to want to beat someone, but still try & keep your correct form.


Wow...is there a lot of things Ryan Gosling will do for you if you just finish that workout....

A lot has been said about Crossfit - good (the community), bad (the socks) & douche-y (people that don't shut-up about Crossfit), but I think we are going to give it a try for now. Boyfriend just nods. Good Boyfriend. Luckily we both love being active (when we are not fighting for the PC or Xbox), so trying out something new together makes it a bit easier - you've got someone to complain to about those tender muscles.


I've found that posting photos of what you eat for everyone to see really keeps you on the straight & narrow. I was thiiiis close to buying a mega Wimpy cappuccino today & then thought how crap I would feel if I had to show other people my cheats. 

A lot less coffee today!

For supper we wazzed up a pukka recipe from Jamie Oliver's 15 Minute Meals. Hahaha...15 minutes, took us 45. And we learned words like "wazzed", "pukka" and, wait for it "wazzy wazzy woo woo". All in all it was a success - but a lot of ingredients (22 to be exact).

Mr Oliver's Chicken Tikka, Lentils & Spinach Salad on the left.  Our version on the right.

Today was a rest day, so no gym. Just teaching the little PeeWee's (4-9 years old) Taekwon Do, so I use it as a good stretching session. If you are reading this and you have kids, I take me hat of to you. We have them for an hour, twice a week and that is more than enough.

Time to pinch my nose & force down some L-Glutemine, cause tomorrow is leg day and we can't have any of this soreness!  Night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment